from Adrenaline website manager Michael S. Maddox — 08/09/2022
Hello Adrenaline family, new players, and parents!
Each year, we experience a bit of confusion regarding the SportsEngine platform. Because Adrenaline (and all other clubs) MUST adhere to association rules in order to operate, the confusion related to SportsEngine can potentially grind our season to a halt until they are resolved.
My goal in writing this is to clarify as much as I can in hopes of minimizing the typical issues we encounter. Clubs cannot roster players to play in tournaments until ALL IS IN ORDER through their SportsEngine accounts. The same and more is true for registering coaches. So, understanding these things is very important.
- USA Volleyball is the governing body for volleyball in the United States. They have mandated that ALL information pertaining to memberships, clubs, coaches, and players is handled through SportsEngine. (SRVA is the “Southern Region Volleyball Association,” and is a regional division of USA Volleyball.)
- SportsEngine is an online platform for organizing sports. Think of it similar to a social media platform like Facebook.
- Parents AND Players must each have their own separate SportsEngine accounts. This is primarily because most players are minors. Setting up an account is free. The website is SportsEngine.com. PLEASE use the same e-mail address with your SportsEngine account as the one you provide to Georgia Adrenaline Volleyball Club.
- STEP ONE. I will manually add your information into the club’s SportsEngine account and send you an invitation. This invitation will go to the e-mail address that you provide to the club. Be sure to check your “spam” or “junk” folder, because sometimes the invitations wind up there. Think of this invitation like a “friend request.” If you do not accept this invitation from within your own SportsEngine account, there is nothing we can do toward registering your daughter to play. Once you DO accept this invitation, we will be able to see the status of your daughter’s USAV membership.
- USAV / SRVA membership fees are separate from your club fees. There are TRYOUT memberships, and PLAYER memberships. Players MUST have a valid Tryout Membership in order to try out. And, they MUST have a valid Player Membership in order to be registered to the club. You must pay these fees directly to USAV / SRVA.
- Pay membership fees at SRVA.org. Look under “Memberships” to find info for “Returning Members” or “New Members.” Here is the link: SRVA.org
- STEP TWO. If your player is offered a position on an Adrenaline team, I will send you a Player Assignment Invitation within the SportsEngine platform. You must accept this invitation in order for your daughter to play. Doing so will officially assign your player to Georgia Adrenaline Volleyball Club.
- Parents and Players MUST EACH have a SportsEngine account.
- You MUST accept the “friend request” invitation from Georgia Adrenaline’s SportsEngine account.
- You MUST PAY the relevant USAV / SRVA fees in order for your daughter to try out and play.
- You MUST accept the Player Assignment invitation in SportsEngine in order for your player to be rostered to a team.
Thank you, and we look forward to a fun, safe and rewarding volleyball season!