Club Defining & Mission Statement:
The Georgia Adrenaline Volleyball Club (GAVC) is represented by SRVA (Southern Regional Volleyball Association), and made up of junior girls and the commitment of promoting volleyball. Our mission statement is to improve volleyball skills for players in the North Georgia Area at the middle and high school levels. Founded in 2011, GAVC teams attended but are not limited to tournaments in Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. All out of state/town tournaments are considered based on travel time. During the months of November through April and after if applicable, GAVC teams maintain a rigorous practice and tournament schedule. Each team is committed but not limited to practicing a minimum of two times a week, depending on schedules of GAVC Coaching Staff and GAVC players. The GAVC Coaches are Impact Certified, Positive Coaching Alliance Certified, and dedicated to increasing and improving the level of play for area volleyball in North Georgia.
Lisa White-Davis, Director of GAVC (423-320-5470)
GAVC has a website that continues to be updated daily. Our goal for this website is to provide information about our Club to the public as well as provide exposure and detailed information to our GAVC players and their parents. Plans for the GAVC website is to provide GAVC Team player information, PayPal availability to pay GAVC fees, and upcoming events such as GAVC seasonal tryouts and other GAVC happenings. This website was also created to allow all parents to send questions and concerns directly to the Club Director, Lisa White-Davis. At the beginning of each season, the goal is for GAVC Coaching Staff general bios to be included on the website. However, GAVC Coaches’ personal information will not be shared. All GAVC Head Coaches will provide contact information to their teams at the appropriate time. GAVC Assistant Coaches do not have to provide the team with their phone number, unless the GAVC Head Coach deems it necessary. Hopes of an online store to purchase Adrenaline apparel from and specific stats including win loss records for GAVC Teams are future goals soon to come on the Adrenaline website.
Tryouts for the club will be on TWO different dates this year: 15 and Under = October 28 and October 29, 2017. 16 and Older November 4 and November 5, 2017. BOTH Tryout locations are at Heritage Middle School, 4005 Poplar Springs Road Ringgold, Georgia 30736. The GAVC season begins shortly after tryouts. There will be a parent informational meeting in mid October 2017. A general GAVC meeting for each individual GAVC Teams (once selected) will be held after players are chosen and placed on teams by the first team practice. All parents and interested parties are welcome to attend. During tryouts, players are put through drill demonstrations of each basic volleyball skill (i.e. serving, passing/digging, setting, hitting, and blocking). GAVC Coaching staff will observe players on an individual and team basis. Players will have the opportunity to tryout on two different days to allow fairness and provide the GAVC Coaching Staff with a draft selection based on factors for each day. Based on ability levels, there may be players moved up in age level to challenge their individual skills. The GAVC Director believes that ALL GAVC Players should be challenged at their highest potential and if GAVC Players can handle playing at a higher age level, they will be moved up. GAVC team practices will start the week after tryouts are completed, depending on GAVC Coach scheduling and gym availability. Tournament play usually begins in mid-January and ends at the end of April. Any additional out of town/state qualifying tournaments added extra to the GAVC Team schedule will be the responsibility of each GAVC Team through fundraising, GAVC Parents supporting the cost, and GAVC Director’s approval. Regional Championships are usually in late April, located out of state/town. GAVC individual teams will decide and vote on their participation in the Regional Tournament. Each GAVC Team will participate in some type of fundraiser or request individual payment from each player on the team to pay for GAVC additional apparel and/or the entrance fee for Regional Tournament. Due to the fact that all GAVC Teams may not wish to attend the Regional Tournament, EACH GAVC Team will vote and finance their participation in the Regional Tournament. GAVC will not pay for ANY GAVC Team to attend Regionals.
Practices will be a minimal but limited to 2 times per week beginning the week after tryouts, unless otherwise specified with scheduling conflicts. A parent informational meeting can be either at the beginning or end of the first scheduled practice for each GAVC Team.
A mapped out schedule of practices is as follows:
(Below is the practice schedule for the 2017-2018 Season)
Week of 13th (2 practices)
Week of 27th (2 practices)
[TOTAL PRACTICES = 4]
Week of 1st (2 practices)
Week of 8th (2 practices)
Week of 15th (2 practices)
Week of 22nd (2 practices)
Week of 29th (2 practices)
[TOTAL PRACTICES = 10]
Week of 5th (2 practices)
Week of 12th (2 practices)
Week of 19th (2 practices)
Week of 26th (2 practices)
[TOTAL PRACTICES = 8]
Week of 4th (2 practices)
Week of 11th (2 practices)
Week of 18th (2 practices)
[TOTAL PRACTICES = 6]
Week of 5th (2 practices)
Week of 12th (2 practices)
Week of 19th (2 practices)
Week of 26th (2 practices)
[TOTAL PRACTICES = 8]
Week of 2nd (2 practices)
Week of 9th (2 practices)
Week of 9th (2 practices)
Week of 16th (2 practices)*
Week of 23rd (2 practices)*
[TOTAL PRACTICES = 8]*
*depending on Regional Tournament
The following dates are weeks that GAVC WILL NOT practice:
Week of November 20th (Thanksgiving Holiday) depending on team vote/travel plans
Week of December 25th (Christmas Holiday) depending on team vote/travel plans
**TOTAL NUMBER OF REQUIRED PRACTICES PER TEAM = 42-44 PRACTICES
Practices will be CLOSED per GAVC Director and pre-planned to best use our time effectively in the gym. However, ANY GAVC Coaching Staff reserves the right to have open practices if they choose to do so. The goal is to keep GAVC practices locally, and will be determined based on gym availability each GAVC season. GAVC is currently working with several local churches and schools, keeping minimal distance traveled in mind. Commitment from players to GAVC practices and tournaments is VERY important. All school/church activities come FIRST but need to be prioritized appropriately during GAVC season. It is important for GAVC players to be committed to their GAVC Team because absence of one player can be the difference in success of a team. If all GAVC players cannot attend a tournament, the GAVC Team WILL STILL attend the tournament as long as there are 7+ GAVC players attending. Continued absences and lack of commitment by GAVC Players will result in a meeting with GAVC Coaching Staff assigned to that GAVC Player(s). If no resolution is decided, the GAVC Director will meet with the GAVC Parent and GAVC Player to identify the concern and determine a resolution.
** Communication is the KEY to a positive relationship with parents! It is IMPERATIVE that GAVC Head Coaches communicate with their parents when things are not going to appear “normal” at a practice or tournament (absence of a player or GAVC Coaching Staff). This will minimize the gossip and talk with ALL involved as well as other GAVC Teams. Having a brief parent meeting on the last practice of the week before each tournament will improve communication and avoid excessive questions from parents and players.
** Select travel volleyball is a commitment that will REQUIRE participation a minimal of 2 times a week for practice, and 2-4 weekends a month for tournaments. Even though Adrenaline commits to working with church/school activities, a decision to making Adrenaline a PRIORITY will need to be made by ALL GAVC Players. Parents are PAYING for their daughters to play and PROFESSIONALISM is MANDATORY.
- Be ON TIME. If practice starts at 6:00pm, you need to be there about 10-15 minutes early to confirm that the net is set up and you are ready to begin at 6:00pm. DO NOT ask players to be at the gym at a certain time if you as a Head Coach or your Assistant Coach cannot be there. Coaching Staff for GAVC will be role models for all GAVC Players on their teams. If GAVC Players do not notify the GAVC Head Coach that she is going to be late, there will be a consequence decided upon by the GAVC Coaching Staff for that GAVC player. This consequence can take place before/after practice, or a scheduled time with GAVC Coaching Staff and should be consistent and implemented for ALL players. Consistent absences from GAVC Players should be addressed in a scheduled meeting with GAVC Coaching Staff of that GAVC Player and to come up with a resolution for improvement in the commitment of that GAVC Player. If no resolution occurs through that meeting, the GAVC Director will meet with the GAVC Player and GAVC Parent to come up with a solution for the issue of lack of commitment. If GAVC Players decide to quit the Adrenaline Club, the GAVC Coaching Staff should notify the GAVC Director immediately.
- BE AT EVERY PRACTICE. BOTH GAVC Coaches are REQUIRED to be at EVERY practice unless there is an extenuating circumstance. If 1 GAVC Coach is not there, the reason WILL BE COMMUNICATED to the players so that there is no question about accountability or commitment. As a club, we expect EQUAL commitment from our players and coaches. GAVC Coaches, DO NOT LEAVE THE PRACTICE GYM UNTIL ALL PLAYERS ARE PICKED UP. This is a safety and liability issue.
- BE PREPARED. Drills will be planned to provide adequate time for players to work on a variety of skills during each practice. Stats kept by GAVC Coaching Staff at tournaments will help determine skills that need to be addressed at practices after tournaments. There will be several water breaks provided during GAVC practices. We want the girls to have fun but this is NOT silly time. GAVC Coaches will make sure to minimize the outside talk and implement focus on volleyball talk.
- BE PROMPT. Practice will end at the scheduled time and DO NOT go over that time. Time will be managed effectively in order to accomplish everything planned and release players ON TIME. We know parents are waiting for them, as well as it being a school night, and we don’t want to inconvenience them.
- BE OPEN TO TALK TO PARENTS. Communication is a HUGE part of the success in club volleyball. We would like parents to ONLY discuss problems/concerns/issues with the GAVC Head Coach of their team. GAVC Head Coaches will also communicate any changes in practice or tournaments to parents in timely manner to ensure no issues arise. If a parent approaches the GAVC Assistant Coach at any time with concerns, they WILL BE directed to the GAVC Head Coach. Time will be taken to address any concerns as promptly as possible by the GAVC Head Coach. Our GAVC Head Coach’s goal is to be available to both GAVC Players and GAVC Parents as needed. REFER TO THE 24-HOUR RULE BELOW.
- PRACTICE 24-HOUR RULE. Parents WILL give the GAVC Head Coach 24 hours after a tournament before discussing any problems/concerns/issues with them. This gives both the GAVC Head Coach and the GAVC Parent(s) adequate time to collect their thoughts and emotions to settle before reacting immediately after an issue occurs. GAVC Head Coaches WILL NOT TALK TO parents at a tournament location about problems/concerns/issues. GAVC Head Coach will contact the GAVC Director immediately sharing ALL information as soon as a problem/concern/issue arises with a parent and the GAVC Director will be supportive and involved as needed. The proper procedures for handling concerns as a GAVC Parent is the following: GAVC Parent requests a meeting with their GAVC Head Coach to discuss any concerns (at minimal 24 hours after the issue arises). Once this meeting takes place, if a resolution does not occur, the GAVC Head Coach will contact the GAVC Director to meet with all parties involved (GAVC Coaching Staff and the GAVC Parent(s)). The GAVC Director will ONLY get involved IF requested to by the GAVC Head Coach, or a resolution CANNOT be met by the GAVC Coaching Staff and the GAVC Parent(s). GAVC Director has the right to involve ALL parties involved or deemed necessary on an as needed basis.
- BE RESPONSIBLE. Remember we are at the mercy of all the staff and gyms that we are provided with to practice. Please MAKE SURE that the nets and equipment get returned where they are supposed to and that you make the players pick up ALL their trash and belongings before leaving after EACH practice. Count ALL the balls before and after practices and tournaments to avoid losing any. Say “Thank You” each time when Staff lets you in and closes the gym for your GAVC Team. GAVC WILL RESPECT ALL facilities being used by ALL GAVC Teams.
- When GAVC Parents or GAVC Players turn in money for fees, fund raisers, or apparel, it is the responsibility of the GAVC Head Coach to notify the GAVC Director and meet within a week to turn all the money in. The GAVC Head Coach should keep records of all money turned in for their entire GAVC Team to avoid any confusion or concerns.
- REPORT ALL PROBLEMS AND INJURIES TO ME. If there is a problem at practice or a GAVC Player gets hurt at PRACTICES or TOURNAMENTS, the GAVC Head Coach WILL NOTIFY the GAVC Director, Lisa White-Davis IMMEDIATELY. There is a 24-hour time period that SRVA Insurance will cover medical expenses of registered players and this deadline WILL BE MET. It is the GAVC Director’s goal to be VERY involved in the progress of EACH Adrenaline Team.
- SCRIMMAGE EACH OTHER IF APPROPRIATE. Scrimmages will be available when the GAVC Coaches feel it is appropriate. If there are two Adrenaline Teams close in age and playing level, it may be beneficial for those GAVC Teams to scrimmage when there is a possibility to do so. GAVC Head Coaches will determine when to and when not to scrimmage and reserve the right to deny a scrimmage if a plan to use practice time in another way is more beneficial to that GAVC Team.
- SUPPORT FOR ALL COACHING STAFF. As a GAVC Coaching Staff Member, we WILL provide support for ALL GAVC Teams as well as their Coaches. If two GAVC Teams are playing in the same tournament, it is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that GAVC Teams watch each other play and support that team with cheering and positive reinforcement when their GAVC Team is not playing. GAVC Coaches will need to lead by example in encouraging this support between GAVC Teams to ensure that this is carried out. Put a STOP to ANY negative talk or character assassination IMMEDIATELY with ANY GAVC Players, GAVC Teams, or GAVC Coaching Staff. Positive encouragement and support is the GAVC Policy for ALL GAVC Teams and we are to practice conduct in a professional, supportive manner at ALL times.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS WILL BE MADE BY GAVC STAFF. There is a designated GAVC Staff Member that will handle ALL the reservations for hotels when there is out of town travel. Once GAVC Coaches’ reservation is made, it will be communicated to you. Then it is up to each GAVC Coach to decide if they want to share the reservation information with GAVC parents/players. If a GAVC Coach makes his or her own reservation WITHOUT GAVC Director’s permission, that GAVC Coach is subject to have to pay for his or her own room. GAVC uses their own system to make out of town bookings and the proper procedures will be practiced in this instance. If reimbursement is decided by the GAVC Director, the maximum amount reimbursed will be $100, regardless the amount of the room secured by the GAVC Coaching Staff. If the GAVC Coaching Staff for a team has 2 male or 2 female coaches, it is an EXPECTATION that they share a hotel room for overnight travel. If spouses want to attend, the extra hotel room WILL NOT BE PAID by Adrenaline. This means that if 2 hotel rooms are needed, Adrenaline will only pay for ONE of the hotel rooms.
(Below is information for the 2017-2018 GAVC season)
A $40 tryout fee will apply to ALL players trying out for GAVC. For players that accept the offer of playing on a GAVC team, the fee per player is $900. This covers tournament fees, as well as expenses within GAVC such as uniforms, Adrenaline t-shirt, socks, equipment, supplies, GAVC Coaching Staff payment for coaching services, and any extra Adrenaline apparel that the budget allows. In the past when the budget is suitable, it will also include a GAVC team bag and sweat suit/warm up that the players can keep. The GAVC Director tries to mix things up as far as the apparel purchased each season and reserves the right to do so. At least half of the fee ($450) will be due on December 1, 2017. The FULL PAYMENT of $900 fee is due by January 1st, 2018, unless payment plan is divided up and identified on the Parent Payment Agreement along with a discussion with Lisa White Davis, GAVC Director.
During GAVC Tryouts, players will receive a number that they will be identified as. Players will be placed in various volleyball skill stations (passing, setting, hitting, blocking, serving, etc.) GAVC Coaching Staff will then monitor and evaluate the players based on their ability and skill by rating the players at each skill station. If a player cannot attend tryouts due to sudden illness or other unforeseen circumstances, an alternate time for that player to tryout will be arranged with GAVC Director, Lisa White Davis ONLY. Those identified players WILL BE ALLOWED the same 2-day tryouts as the other players were given as and if needed.
Once players are identified and selected for a specific GAVC team, they will be notified by a GAVC Coaching Staff Member and/or GAVC Director, and asked if they are willing to accept a position on a specific GAVC team. Contact and communication will be made via one of the following, email/text message/phone call, to all players trying out that were not selected for a GAVC team and thanked for their participation by the GAVC Director and/or GAVC Coaching Staff. Any player wishing to tryout or be added to a GAVC team will HAVE to be approved by the GAVC Director. This will ONLY be considered if numbers for a GAVC Team are low and/or an unforeseen circumstance prevented that player from attending tryouts at the original time but their skills were sufficient at their time to tryout. The ultimate goal is to cap each GAVC Team to a maximum of 10 players per team. However, the GAVC Director reserves the right to add team members to that 10-player team if needed.
Parents and players will be asked to sign consent prior to the first GAVC practices begin that states:
All players are expected to FULLY participate in the demands of GAVC activities; therefore, playing volleyball for GAVC will be the number one (#1) priority OTHER THAN school/church activities. In fairness to other team members, any player or parent that is NOT willing to make this commitment is discouraged from participating in GAVC. GAVC Teams will support and cooperate with school/church activities however GAVC is a commitment and excessive absences will be considered when it comes to playing time on that GAVC Team.
- Players will be penalized for absences without notification to their GAVC Head Coach by suggestions of sitting out during the tournament and/or additional practice time activities at the discretion of the GAVC Head Coach. If an absence means that there are only six players original available for a tournament, the GAVC Head Coach has the option to drop out of the next tournament IF and ONLY IF they get with the GAVC Director and a FULL REFUND IS AVAILABLE. If another GAVC Team is not playing that same weekend, the GAVC Head Coach is allowed to pick up players from that non-playing GAVC Team for that weekend only. A GAVC Player is NOT ALLOWED to play for another GAVC Team if their GAVC Team is playing the same weekend. GAVC Team plays with six players only as a LAST RESORT. Any concerns regarding a GAVC Player’s commitment or attendance should be directed to the GAVC Head Coach only. Problems that cannot be resolved will be discussed with the GAVC Director to make the final decision on the matter. Continued absence and lack of commitment by a GAVC player can result in dismissal from the GAVC Team with NO refund.
- GAVC has a NO smoking, NO alcohol, and NO illegal drugs policy. This policy as well as the encouragement of ALL passing grades will be enforced throughout the GAVC season according to the GAVC Head Coach’s discretion. Infractions in this policy could lead to a possible suspension from tournaments and/or dismissal from the GAVC Team.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct and/or inappropriate language and behavior at ANY tournament or practice will result in meeting with the GAVC Director and a Disciplinary Contract issued for all involved. If an incident occurs after the Disciplinary Contract is in place, dismissal from GAVC will occur based on the GAVC Director’s decision with NO refund.
- NO GAVC fees will be refunded if a player quits and chooses to no longer participate on a GAVC Team.
**(ALL GAVC Coaches are individually interviewed by the GAVC Director.) Selection of the GAVC Coaching Staff is based on credentials, credit checks, and volleyball experience. The SOLE decision for hiring the GAVC Coaching Staff will be made by the GAVC Director, Lisa White-Davis.
- The GAVC Director Lisa White Davis reserves the right to determine individual GAVC Head Coaching pay and GAVC Assistant Coaching pay based on the GAVC budget from season to season. There WILL be the same amount of payment compensation for ALL GAVC Coaching Staff each GAVC season. GAVC will pay all certification fees/background checks, impact certifications as needed, and provide EACH GAVC Head Coach and Assistant Coach for EACH GAVC team with GAVC coaching attire.
- EACH GAVC team’s Head Coach will be provided with balls and a ball cart as well as uniforms for their team and will be responsible for returning ALL the balls and the undamaged cart, and all uniforms to the GAVC Director at the end of the season. GAVC Coaching Staff will take on the responsibility of washing and housing ALL GAVC uniforms throughout the club season. Treat GAVC property as if it is your own and take care of it! NO UNIFORMS ARE ALLOWED TO GO HOME WITH GAVC PLAYERS! If a ball is lost, the cart is damaged, or a uniform is lost, it is the responsibility of the GAVC Head Coach to pay for and replace it by giving the required amount to the GAVC Director.
- The GAVC Director will do an inventory BEFORE season begins and AFTER season is over on the following GAVC equipment: (1) set of uniform shirts, the same # of balls that were given to them in the beginning, (1) ball bag, (1) ball cart. The GAVC Coaching shirts, GAVC players’ spandex and socks will NOT be returned. The GAVC players will keep anything that is purchased by the team or parents. ALL GAVC Coaching Staff will sign a GAVC Coaches Contract at the introductory Coaches Meeting prior to being assigned and accepted as a member of the GAVC Coaching Staff.
- ALL GAVC Coaching Staff will be required to participate in Positive Coaching Alliance by the GAVC Director and Online Training, as well as the Impact Certified Training (required by their 2nd year of coaching with Adrenaline). The Positive Coaching Alliance Training is one time completed the first season, and the Impact Certified Training is one time that has to be completed by their 2nd season with Adrenaline.
** GAVC Coaches WILL NOT discuss specific playing time with GAVC Parents. GAVC Coaches WILL NOT discuss ANY GAVC Player with anyone else other than that GAVC Player’s parents.
Problems/Concerns with a Coach & Player/Parent:
The following steps MUST be taken if a player/parent has a concern with a GAVC Coach:
- Player/Parent should discuss the concern with the GAVC Coaching Staff (both Head & Assistant Coaches) following the 24-hour rule and TRY to arrive at a solution.
- If the concern is NOT resolved, the player and her parents and/or GAVC Head Coach will make an appointment to speak with the all of GAVC Coaching Staff for their team (both Head & Assistant Coaches) AND the GAVC Director will be present.
- If a solution is NOT resolved in this meeting, the GAVC Director will speak individually with the GAVC Player and her parents and the GAVC Director will make a FINAL decision. Then the GAVC Director will contact the involved GAVC Coaching Staff (both Head & Assistant Coaches) to communicate the final decision/resolution made.
- Unsportsmanlike and inappropriate conduct by a GAVC Player will result in suspension and/or dismissal from GAVC with NO REFUND, based on the decision of the GAVC Director. There will be a meeting held between the GAVC Parents, GAVC Player, GAVC Coaching Staff for that team, and GAVC Director with signed contracts provided.
- Unsportsmanlike and inappropriate conduct by a GAVC Parent will result in suspension and/or dismissal for their GAVC Player from GAVC, based on the decision of the GAVC Director. There will be a meeting held between the GAVC Parents, GAVC Player, GAVC Coaching Staff for that GAVC Player, and GAVC Director with signed contracts provided.
(Please know that the GAVC website is a WORK IN PROGRESS continuously throughout each season.)
It is a goal to adequately update information about GAVC and its teams in a timely fashion on the web site. The goal is that the web site will contain information for GAVC Players and GAVC Parents regarding GAVC By-Laws, Summer Camp information if applicable, Previous GAVC team information/pictures, and Tournament information/schedules for EACH GAVC Team (dates, locations, etc.), GAVC Coaching Staff bios, a future online store to purchase Adrenaline apparel, and a direct way to email/contact the GAVC Director. All other pertinent information about GAVC will be included or added to the web site as it becomes available.
GAVC By-Law Articles:
ARTICLE 1 – Mission
The Georgia Adrenaline Volleyball Club (GAVC) is made up of organization and under bylaws to promote and support the sport of volleyball in the North Georgia and Chattanooga area. The Club is affiliated with Southern Region Volleyball Associate (SRVA), USA Volleyball, and AAU by remaining a private organization responsible only to its membership.
ARTICLE 2 – Membership
There are two levels of membership: individual and associate.
- Individual – available to a player (age and grade level appropriate) that follows proper procedures of tryouts for GAVC and is selected as a team member by the GAVC Coaching Staff/GAVC Director. Each player will pay a membership fee of $900 (fee is subject to change) by January 1st or divided payments identified in the GAVC Parent Payment Agreement and discussed with GAVC Director Lisa White-Davis.
- Associate – available to a player that has made a GAVC team and fills out the Membership form required for USA Volleyball Select Club participation. GAVC will pay the membership fee for players that are on each GAVC team, out of the player fees paid by each GAVC Player.
ARTICLE 3 – Board of Directors for GAVC
Currently we only have one status board member at this time:
Lisa White-Davis, Director of GAVC
The GAVC Director reserves the right to make ALL FINAL decision of issues/concerns/decisions that need to be made for GAVC as a whole. GAVC Head Coaches will be making decisions for their GAVC team, but problems/concerns/issues that are brought to the GAVC Director will result in the GAVC Director making the final decision. The GAVC Director will maintain positive communication and work closely to handle ALL money issues as well as ordering supplies, uniforms, equipment needed for EACH GAVC team.
ARTICLE 4 – Teams
For the 2016-2017 GAVC season, there were NINE GAVC Teams:
- 13-1 year old GAVC Team > Head Coach – Brooke Chilton, Asst Coach – Demond Queener
- 14-1 year old GAVC Team > Head Coach – Wes Davis, Asst Coach – Cheyenne Davis
- 14-2 year old GAVC Team > Head Coach – Dana Swanson, Asst Coach – Sherry Swanson
- 16-1 year old GAVC Team > Head Coach – Richard Campo, Asst Coach – Tim Swaney
- 16-2 year old GAVC Team > Head Coach – Chris Charland, Asst Coach – Kayla Wimpee
- 16-3 year old GAVC Team > Head Coach – Zane West, Asst Coach – Holly West
- 17-1 year old GAVC Team > Head Coach – McKenna Dean, Asst Coach – Carey Dean
- 18-1 year old GAVC Team > Head Coach – Lisa White Davis, Asst Coach(s) – Nichole Stone
- 18-2 year old GAVC Team > Head Coach – Delissa Marshall, Asst Coach – Fred Marshall
We are open to add additional teams or reducing teams depending on tryout player numbers. The ideal idea is to have at least one GAVC Team per age group: 12’s GAVC Team, 13’s GAVC Team, 14’s GAVC Team, 15’s GAVC Team, 16’s GAVC Team, 17’s GAVC Team, 18’s GAVC Team. As growth continues with GAVC and depending on numbers for tryouts, there is the option to have MORE THAN one team per age group or to not have a team in a specific age group due to lack of players for that age group. GAVC will provide teams in the age groups SOLELY BASED on the ages of the players that tryout and are selected for GAVC that season. The GAVC Director reserves the right to cap off the adding of GAVC Teams or GAVC Players at any time. GAVC Team Coaches will be decided by preference and at the GAVC Coaches’ Meeting prior to tryouts. It is the goal of the GAVC Director to have 2 coaches (Head Coach and Assistant Coach) and 10 GAVC Players per GAVC Team.
** It is recommended that 1 Team Mom be appointed for EACH GAVC team to coordinate the food table/team activities for each tournament. This can be done on a volunteer basis or by GAVC Head Coach appointing this individual.
GAVC Coaching Staff has been instructed NOT to keep ANY player on a GAVC Team that is not foreseen to get adequate and/or any playing time. Team numbers will vary based on age and ability but is recommended to have NO MORE than 10 players per GAVC Team unless there is a rare circumstance and approved by the GAVC Director. Keeping team numbers to a minimal will help ensure adequate and fairness for playing time for EACH GAVC Player. However, in the event that there is a commitment issue with GAVC Players on a particular GAVC Team, there will be subs to fill in for excessive absences. The most committed GAVC Players will be rewarded with adequate playing time versus the uncommitted GAVC Player.
The goal is for EACH GAVC team to have the following:
- Volleyballs for practice and tournament play (with ball bag)
- A Ball Cart for practice and tournament play
- Uniform Jersey, Spandex
- Socks, T-shirt, Selected GAVC Apparel (GAVC Director will determine this)
- Coaching Attire for Coaching Staff
The uniform jerseys (including separate jersey for Libero(s), ALL issued volleyballs, ball bag, and ball cart are the things that will be RETURNED to the GAVC Director at the end of season. Shoes and kneepads will be available at a team price (discount) but OPTIONAL. Our goal is have GAVC Apparel available for GAVC Players to purchase such as bags, warm ups/sweat suits for each team each year, depending on the budget each GAVC season. The GAVC Director tries to mix up ordering Adrenaline apparel so the returning players will not have duplicate Adrenaline apparel each club season.
ARTICLE 5 – Coaches
The goal is to have at least two coaches per GAVC team, Head Coach and Assistant Coach. The following criteria will apply for coaching credentials:
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach – approved by the GVAC Director.
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach – at least 1 or both need to be SRVA certified and as a junior SRVA/USA referee R1 or R2.
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach – will pass a SRVA/USA background check/review.
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach – will complete the GAVC Director Positive Coaching Alliance and Online Training.
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach – will complete IMPACT Certified Training by the 2nd season of participation with GAVC.
ARTICLE 6 – Meetings
All scheduled meetings will be convenient for all GAVC Coaching Staff and notifications will be sent. The following meetings are REQUIRED:
- GAVC Coaches Meetings – There will be a Coaches Meeting conducted by the GAVC Director, prior to tryouts to confirm duties, responsibilities, etc. There will be an End of Season Coaches Meeting after the Regional Tournament to recap on the season as well as discuss upcoming events and turn in GAVC equipment such as uniforms, Other GAVC Coaches’ Meetings will be announced as needed.
- Parent Informational Meeting for EACH GAVC Team – There will be a parent informational meeting at either the beginning or end of the first practice for each GAVC Teams will occur after the GAVC teams are selected within each individual GAVC Team. The goal is to have a general meeting with ALL GAVC Teams and GAVC Players with the GAVC Director hosting it to answer ALL asked questions at the beginning of the season. The GAVC Director reserves the right to attend each individual GAVC Team Parent Meeting if available to.
- GAVC Team Meetings – All GAVC Head Coaches will have parent meetings with their teams after the practice prior to EACH upcoming tournament. This meeting can be formal or informal depending on what business needs to be discussed at the time.
- Problem/Concern Meetings – Any problem or concern that arises with a GAVC Player or GAVC Parent needs to be addressed through an announced meeting with the Director of GAVC present. This is ONLY after proper procedures as mentioned above are followed.
- Disciplinary/Probation Meetings for GAVC Players/Parents – Any GAVC Player/GAVC Parent inappropriate action that takes place at a GAVC practice or tournament that GAVC is participating in will be addressed through a private face-to-face meeting between the GAVC Director, GAVC Head Coach, and GAVC Parent/Player involved in the action. The meeting will be set up by the GAVC Director and take place prior to the GAVC Player returning to ANY GAVC practice or tournament that the GAVC Team is playing in. At this meeting, the GAVC Director will develop a GAVC Disciplinary Contract with the GAVC player and/or GAVC Disciplinary/Unsportsmanlike Contract with the GAVC parent if deemed appropriate. Until this meeting takes place and a disciplinary action/resolution is determined, the GAVC Player will not participate on their assigned GAVC Team. The GAVC Director will determine the FINAL decision.
- Disciplinary/Probation Meetings for GAVC Coaching Staff – Any GAVC Coaching Staff inappropriate action that takes place at a GAVC practice or tournament that GAVC is participating in will be addressed through a private face-to-face meeting with the GAVC Director. The meeting will be set up by the GAVC Director and take place prior to the GAVC Coaching Staff member returning to ANY GAVC practice or tournament that their GAVC Team is playing in. At this meeting, the GAVC Director will develop a GAVC Disciplinary Contract with the GAVC Coaching Staff if deemed appropriate. Until this meeting takes place and a disciplinary action/resolution is determined, the GAVC Coaching Staff member will not participate with their assigned GAVC Team. The GAVC Director will determine the FINAL decision.
ARTICLE 7 – Fiscal Operations
- The GAVC Director, Lisa White Davis, will handle all funds. These funds will be handled and controlled by the GAVC Director.
- The Adrenaline Club has an account set up through Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union and ALL money is deposited and handled through this account with GAVC Director, Lisa White Davis, having access.
- NO deposits or withdrawals will be done from anyone other than the above-mentioned individual (unless there is a rare situation), and continued communication with help to maintain a clear balance.
- Anything purchased or ordered for ANY GAVC teams will be done and/or approved by GAVC Director Lisa White Davis
- If you as a GAVC Head Coach would like something ordered for your GAVC team, it will need to be discussed and approved by the GAVC Director. Parents, spectators, and other fundraisers are welcome to donate or sponsor purchases for individual GAVC Teams, after approved by the GAVC Director. NO funds will be used out of the TVA account for ANYTHING NOT RELATED to GAVC.
- No GAVC Parents and/or Spectators WILL BE ALLOWED to make ANY apparel with the GAVC Logo or the name Adrenaline WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL by the GAVC Director Lisa White Davis.
- Any money that parents try to turn in to GAVC Head Coaches needs to be turned into GAVC Director Lisa White Davis. If circumstances prevent schedules to correlate, GAVC Head Coaches can mail checks only to:
7959 Long Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37421
- The END of the YEAR balance for the Georgia Adrenaline Volleyball Club will be calculated through bank statements at the end of EACH GAVC season. This is before purchases are considered to run a GAVC Summer Volleyball Camp such as equipment, camp T-shirt, etc. if applicable. ALL money will remain in the TVA account at the end of the season to use for future GAVC seasons.
ARTICLE 8 – Conduct of Participants
EVERYONE WHO SERVES ON THE GAVC COACHING STAFF MUST ADHERE TO HIGH STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT.
- Conduct of Coaches – Coaches have the responsibility of encouraging, educating, motivating, and evaluating players on the GAVC teams. It is understood that we ALL get caught up in the heat of the game but it is OUR JOB to handle those emotions and focus on encouragement and motivation while putting off a positive impression to our GAVC players and GAVC Parents/Supporters. A goal for EVERY GAVC Coach is to provide team members with the means of improving their skills and an opportunity to show their abilities in competition. Then through success in competition, GAVC can meet their mission of promoting the sport of volleyball in the North Georgia area. A 24-hour rule will be in place for all GAVC Coaching Staff. This will assist in preventing “heat of the moment” confrontations over tournament happenings that could be witnessed by others not associated with GAVC. NEVER should a GAVC Coaching Staff Member show favoritism or single out individual GAVC players on their team. The Director of GAVC if deemed appropriate will REMOVE a Coach for ethical misconduct at ANY TIME.
- Conduct of Players – EVERY GAVC player has been selected to participate. Therefore, ALL players on a GAVC team are EXPECTED to be COACHABLE and participate fully in the demands and commit their time/energy as directed by their GAVC Coaches. GAVC Players should represent GAVC, their team, and themselves in the BEST possible manner. GAVC Players WILL always be supportive of their teammates, GAVC Coaches, referees, other GAVC Teams, other GAVC Team Coaching Staff, and parents. A GAVC Player will be placed on probation contract, suspension for games/tournament, and/or REMOVED for ethical misconduct, and/or unsportsmanlike conduct by the Director of GAVC if deemed appropriate. ALL GAVC players that wear an Adrenaline uniform are a representation of GAVC and WILL ACT APPROPRIATELY as a result REGARDLESS.
- Conduct of Parents – The role of the parents is an integral part of GAVC. Their participation is VERY important and provides the support necessary for many vital GAVC functions. It is IMPORTANT for parents to support ALL GAVC players and ALL GAVC Coaching Staff. This support for the GAVC program will show the importance of the opportunities the club provides. Ethical misconduct from parents will result in the GAVC Director asking for nonparticipation of that parent with GAVC and/or for nonparticipation of their player. If at any time there is a problem at a tournament that GAVC is participating in, it is essential that the GAVC Coaching Staff be given the respect of the 24-hour rule before GAVC parents’ approach/discuss any happenings at that tournament. This avoids “heat of the moment” confrontations that can be witnessed by others with no association of GAVC. If continued misconduct occurs from the same GAVC Parent, the GAVC Director reserves the right to ask that the GAVC Parent DOES NOT participate with GAVC activities such as tournaments and parties.
- Religious Views for GAVC – GAVC is a club that has truly been blessed by God. It is Christian based and WILL BE RAN accordingly. GAVC Coaching Staff are welcome to pray with their GAVC Players at practices/tournaments. However, GAVC Coaching Staff WILL not implement their religious beliefs as a display at tournaments with other club teams. This is to avoid or offend ANY non-believer.
ARTICLE 9 – Established Mission Statement
“The Before, During and After of Club Volleyball”
- To establish an environment where dedicated coaches and supportive parents help young athletes to realize their full potential in the sport of volleyball.
- To set the standard for quality in teaching, administration and professional responsibility.
- To prepare and then promote athletes for college and/or their next level aspirations of volleyball.
- To cultivate pride and tradition in the program by creating a place where athletes will return to play after their high school years and develop into the new teachers of the sport of volleyball.
ARTICLE 10 – Amending the By-Laws
These By-Laws for the Georgia Adrenaline Volleyball Club were developed in 2011 and will be amended on an as needed basis each GAVC season. GAVC By-Laws will be added to and considered a work in progress at this time.
The Director of GAVC reserves the right to add to these By-Laws at any time deemed appropriate.
Developed by Lisa White-Davis, Director of GAVC
Last updated 08-01-17
To download a copy of these bylaws for your records, please click here.