Club Defining & Mission Statement:
The Georgia Adrenaline Volleyball Club (GAVC) is currently under SRVA (Southern Region Volleyball Association), and formed with junior girls and the commitment of promoting volleyball. Our mission statement is to improve volleyball skills for players in the North Georgia, South Eastern Tennessee and surrounding areas at the middle and high school levels. Founded in 2011, GAVC Teams have attended but are not limited to tournaments in Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. All out of town/state tournaments are considered based on time travel. During the months of November through April and after if applicable, GAVC Teams maintain a rigorous practice and tournament schedule. Each team is committed but not limited to practicing a MINIMUM of two times a week, depending on the schedules of GAVC Coaching Staff, GAVC practice locations availability, and GAVC Players. All GAVC Coaches are Impact Certified, Positive Coaching Alliance Certified, Safe Sport Trained, and dedicated to increasing and improving the level of play for area volleyball in the North Georgia and South Eastern Tennessee areas.
Lisa White-Davis, Founder & Director of GAVC (423-320-5470)
GAVC has a contracted website that is managed by a computer analyst and is updated weekly. Our goal for this website is to provide updated and current information about Georgia Adrenaline Volleyball Club to the public population as well as provide exposure and detailed information to our GAVC Players and GAVC Parents. Plans for the GAVC Website is to provide GAVC Team player information, fee information, upcoming events such as seasonal tryouts, tournament schedules for each of our GAVC Teams, and other GAVC “happenings.” It is also an opportunity to “show off” our successes along with the success of our college bound GAVC Players. This website also allows GAVC Parents and other spectators to send questions and concerns directly to the Club Director, Lisa White-Davis. At the beginning of each season, GAVC Coaching Staff bios will be added to the website without sharing personal information. All GAVC Coaches will provide contact information to their individual teams at their first parent meeting after tryouts and team selections. The GAVC Website will be used an informative tool in the event of a crisis/epidemic occurs and will be monitored/updated weekly, also providing additional user-friendly information throughout the 2021-2022 Club Volleyball Season.
Tryouts for Ga Adrenaline Volleyball Club will be a one day only format. Tryouts will be divided up by age groups: 14 years and under, and then 15 years and older. Each age division will be a 3-hour session to cover all volleyball skills and allow for game play scenarios. Dates and times for the 2021-2022 Tryouts are as follows: October 23rd – for ages 14 and under, October 30th – for ages 15 and older. The goal is for GAVC season practices to begin within two weeks after tryouts are completed and GAVC Teams selected. This will also be based around GAVC Coaching Staff scheduling and gym availability. There will be a parent informational meeting for parents to ask questions and receive information about Ga Adrenaline Volleyball Club from the GAVC Director (as needed) on October 20th. The location for this meeting is at Chattanooga Fire Fighters Association, Local 820 meeting hall. ALL GAVC Teams will have a parent meeting individually at their first team practice once players are chosen and placed on GAVC Teams. All parents and interested parties are welcome to attend the parent informational meeting as well as individual parent team meetings. During GAVC Tryouts, players are assigned a tryout number and put through a series of drill demonstrations of volleyball skills (serving, passing/digging, setting, hitting, and blocking), as well as put in game like situations and game play. GAVC Coaching Staff will observe all players on an individual and team basis. Players will be notified by the GAVC Director and/or a designated GAVC Coaching Staff member if they are being offered a position on any of the GAVC Teams and the players have up to 5 calendar days to accept or decline the offer. Based on ability levels, there may be players asked to move up to a higher age group than their chronological age to challenge their individual skills. The GAVC Director believes that ALL GAVC Players should be challenged at their highest potential and if GAVC Players can handle playing at a higher age level, for both the physical and mental part of the game, they will be recommended to move up. However, the ULTIMATE DECISION will be the player’s parents’ choice even after any recommendation. Georgia Adrenaline is looking to produce competitive teams based on ability at all age levels. Tournament play usually begins in mid-January and runs through the end of April. GAVC Teams season usually ends after SRVA Regional Tournament unless there is a National Bid for that GAVC Team or a GAVC Team discusses attending Nationals with the GAVC Director. Any additional out of town/state qualifying tournaments added extra (other than the original 9 tournaments that GAVC pays for) to the GAVC Team schedule will be the responsibility of each GAVC Team through fundraising, GAVC Parents supporting the cost, and GAVC Director approval. SRVA Regional Tournament is usually late April and located out of town/state. The SRVA Regional Tournament is OPTIONAL and based on GAVC Coaching Staff discretion. If GAVC Players are interested in playing and their immediate team decides NOT to attend, that interested GAVC Player can be picked up by another GAVC Team with GAVC Director approval. If that GAVC Player’s team decides TO play in SRVA Regional Tournament, that GAVC Player WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to be picked up by another GAVC Team. If a GAVC Team decides to play in the SRVA Regional Tournament, it will be the financial responsibility of the GAVC Parents and/or GAVC Team fundraising. GAVC WILL NOT PAY SRVA Regional Tournament fees. GAVC Players are allowed to be picked up to play for other GAVC Teams as long as their immediate rostered team is NOT playing that weekend. This is at the discretion of the GAVC Director, GAVC Coaching Staff, and the GAVC Parent of the picked up GAVC Player. All picked up GAVC Players will be approved by the GAVC Director prior to play.
Practices will be a MINIMAL but not limited to 2 times per week beginning within two weeks after GAVC Tryouts and GAVC Team selections and unless otherwise specified with scheduling conflicts. A GAVC Parent Meeting for ALL GAVC Teams will be on the night of the first scheduled practice for each GAVC Team.
A mapped-out schedule of GAVC Practices is as follows:
(Below is the practice schedule for the 2021-2022 Season)
Week of 8th (2 practices)
Week of 15th (2 practices)
Week of 29th (2 practices)
[TOTAL for Nov. = 6 practices]
Week of 6th (2 practices)
Week of 13th (2 practices)
Week of 27th (2 practices)
[TOTAL for Dec. = 6 practices]
Week of 3rd (2 practices)
Week of 10th (2 practices)
Week of 17th (2 practices)
Week of 24th (2 practices)
week of 31st (2 practices)
[TOTAL for Jan. = 10 practices]
Week of 7th (2 practices)
Week of 14th (2 practices)
Week of 21st (2 practices)
week of 28th (2 practices)
[TOTAL for Feb. = 8 practices]
Week of 7th (2 practices)
Week of 14th (2 practices)
Week of 21st (2 practices)
Week of 28th (2 practices)
[TOTAL for Mar. = 10 practices]
Week of 4th (2 practices)
Week of 11th (2 practices)
Week of 18th (2 practices)*
Week of 25th (2 practices)*
[TOTAL for Apr. = possible 8 practices]*
*depending on Regional Tournament
The following dates are weeks that GAVC WILL NOT practice:
Week of 22nd (Thanksgiving)
Week of 20th (Christmas)
*GAVC Teams can have “open gym” only during these weeks if GAVC Players are available but this WILL NOT be mandatory.
TOTAL NUMBER OF REQUIRED PRACTICES PER GAVC TEAM = 46 PRACTICES
GAVC Coaches have reserved the right to CLOSED practices if they choose. This is on a GAVC Team INDIVIDUAL basis. The GAVC Director recommends closed practices to maintain GAVC Player focus. However, ANY GAVC Coaching Staff reserves the right to have open practices if they choose to do so. The goal is to keep GAVC practices locally and practice locations will depend on the GAVC Team a player is selected to as well as based on gym availability each season. GAVC is currently working closely with several local churches and schools, keeping minimal travel distance in mind. Dedication and commitment are two major deciding factors for considered players and playing time by GAVC Coaches. Commitment from GAVC Players for practices and tournaments are ESSENTIAL to the success of the GAVC Team. All school/church activities come first but will need to be prioritized appropriately during GAVC Club Season. It is important that GAVC Players are committed to their GAVC Team because the absence of one player can be the difference in the future success of the team. Excessive absences from practices will result in consequences such as reduced playing time for that player, and/or a chosen consequence deemed appropriate by the team GAVC Coaching Staff. If all GAVC Players on an identified team cannot attend a tournament due to conflicts, that individual team/GAVC Coaching Staff has the option to move forward and attend the tournament as long as there are at least 6 players that are available and it is deemed appropriate. Continued absences and lack of commitment by GAVC Players will result in a meeting with GAVC Coaching Staff assigned to that GAVC Player(s). If no resolution is decided on, the GAVC Director will meet with the GAVC Parent and GAVC Player to address the concerns and identify an appropriate resolution. The GAVC Coaching Staff reserves the right to cancel a tournament as long as the GAVC Director is notified of the cancellation at least TWO WEEKS PRIOR so that it can be cancelled and a refund given back to GAVC. If appropriately cancelled and refunded, that GAVC Team can schedule another tournament to replace the cancelled one. If cancellation cannot be helped or completed within the two-week period, (unless there is an extenuating circumstance) the tournament will not be replaced and that GAVC Team will lose one of their 9 prepaid tournaments. In the event that another world epidemic occurs as did in March, 2020, GAVC will NOT refund any player fees but will consider future discounts and/or reductions for future participation with the club. This decision is solely made by the GAVC Director. GAVC practices the rule of sharing GAVC Players within the club on age appropriate GAVC Teams on an as needed basis. As long as the shared GAVC Player’s GAVC Team is NOT scheduled for a tournament the same weekend, that GAVC Player can be picked up by any other age appropriate GAVC Team with prior GAVC Director approval. If at ANY time during club season a GAVC Player, GAVC Parent, GAVC Coach, or GAVC Spectator displays inappropriate or unprofessional conduct, the GAVC Director reserves the right to DISMISS this person from the GAVC Program immediately WITHOUT REFUND. GAVC Players that decide to quit and not finish their club season WILL NOT RECEIVE a REFUND.
** Communication is the KEY to a positive relationship with parents! It is IMPERATIVE that GAVC Coaching Staff communicate with their GAVC Parents and GAVC Players at all times, especially when things are out of the “normal routine” at a practice or tournament (absence of player or GAVC Coaching Staff). This will minimize the talk with ALL involved as well as other GAVC Teams. Having a brief parent meeting will improve communication and avoid excessive questions from parents and players.
** Select travel volleyball is a commitment that will REQUIRE participation a minimal of 2 times a week for practices and a 2-4 weekend commitment per month for tournaments based on the tournament schedule for each GAVC Team. Even though Adrenaline commits to working with GAVC Players involved in school/church activities, a decision to making Adrenaline Club Volleyball a PRIORITY will need to be made by ALL GAVC Players. Commitment from ALL GAVC Players is a necessity. Parents are PAYING for their daughters to play and PROFESSIONALISM is MANDATORY by ALL GAVC Coaching Staff.
Guidelines and Procedures
- Be ON TIME. If practice starts at 6:00pm, ALL involved need to be there 10-15 minutes early to confirm that the net is set up and practice is ready to begin at the scheduled time. GAVC Coaching Staff WILL NOT ask players to be at the gym at a certain time if at least 1 or both Coaching Staff cannot be there. ALL Coaching Staff for GAVC will be positive role models for ALL GAVC Players on their teams. If GAVC Players do not notify the GAVC Head Coach that she is going to be late, a consequence is subject to be issued. This consequence can take place before/after practice, or a scheduled time with GAVC Coaching Staff and should be consistent and implemented for ALL GAVC Players that it applies to. Excessive absences for a GAVC Player should be addressed in a scheduled meeting with GAVC Coaching Staff and ALL involved will work towards a resolution of attendance improvement. If no resolution occurs through the first attempt meeting with GAVC Coaching Staff, the GAVC Director will meet with the GAVC Player, GAVC Parent, and GAVC Coaching Staff to address concerns and commitment issues appropriately. GAVC Players that miss practice excessively WILL NOT receive the same amount of playing time as the committed GAVC Players. If any GAVC Player decides to terminate their participation with Adrenaline Club, GAVC Coaching Staff needs to notify the GAVC Director immediately and NO REFUND will be issued for that quitting player.
- BE AT EVERY PRACTICE. BOTH GAVC Head Coach and Assistance Coach are REQUIRED to be at EVERY practice unless there is an extenuating circumstance. If one GAVC Coach is not present, the reason WILL BE communicated to the players so that there is NO question about accountability or commitment. As a club, we expect EQUAL commitment from our players and coaches. GAVC Coaches WILL NOT LEAVE THE PRACTICE GYM UNTIL ALL PLAYERS ARE PICKED UP. This is a safety and liability issue.
- BE PREPARED. Drills will be planned to provide adequate time for GAVC Players to work on a variety of skills during each practice. Stats kept by GAVC Coaching Staff are optional but recommended to be collected at tournaments. This is a process that will help identify areas of weakness and assist in preparation for upcoming practices and tournaments. Several water breaks will be implemented in GAVC practices. Our desire as a club is for the players to have fun but in a structured practice setting. GAVC Coaches will make sure that “outside talk” is minimized and court “volleyball talk” is practiced.
- BE PROMPT. Practices will end at the scheduled time and WILL NOT go over unless it is communicated to the GAVC Parents. Time will be managed effectively in order to accomplish everything planned for that practice and to enable ON TIME releasing of the players. GAVC Coaches WILL be mindful that parents are waiting as well as the fact that it is a school night.
- BE OPEN TO TALK TO PARENTS. Communication is a HUGE part of the success in club volleyball. We would like our GAVC Parents to ONLY discuss problems/concerns/issues with the GAVC Coaching Staff that is assigned to their daughter’s team. GAVC Head Coaches are the ones to address these issues, not the GAVC Assistant Coaches. GAVC Head Coaches will also communicate ANY changes in practice and tournament schedules in a timely manner to ensure no issues arise. If a GAVC Parent approaches a GAVC Assistant Coach at ANY time with concerns, that coach WILL redirect that parent to the GAVC Head Coach. Our GAVC Coach’s goal is to be available to both GAVC Players and GAVC Parents as needed. REFER TO THE 24-HOUR RULE BELOW
- PRACTICE 24-HOUR RULE. GAVC Parents WILL give the GAVC Coaching Staff 24 hours after a tournament or event before discussing any problems/concerns/issues with them. This discussion WILL NOT occur at the tournament or event (2-day tournament discussion on the 2nd day for example). This gives both the GAVC Coaching Staff and the GAVC Parent time to collect their thoughts and manage their emotions without reacting immediately after the issue occurs. GAVC Head Coaches or Assistant Coaches WILL NOT talk to parents about these problems or concerns at a tournament location for ANY reason. GAVC Head Coach WILL contact the GAVC Director IMMEDIATELY and share ALL the information as soon as a problem/concern/issue arises with a GAVC Parent. The GAVC Director will be supportive to ALL parties involved and intervene as needed. The proper procedures for handling concern as a GAVC Parent are the following: GAVC Parent requests a meeting with their GAVC Head Coach to discuss any problems/concerns/issues (at minimal 24 hours after the problem arises). Once this meeting takes place and if a resolution does not occur, the GAVC Head Coach will contact the GAVC Director to meet with all parties involved (GAVC Coaching Staff and GAVC Parent(s)). The GAVC Director will ONLY get involved IF requested by the GAVC Head Coach, or a resolution CANNOT be determined. The GAVC Director has the right to involve ALL parties involved or deemed necessary on an as needed basis.
- BE RESPONSIBLE. GAVC is honored to have partnerships with local schools and churches and as a result using their facilities for practice locations. GAVC is dedicated to taking care of ALL equipment, removing ALL trash, and following ALL guidelines required by ANY facility used as a practice location. ALL volleyballs should be counted and accounted for after EACH practice and tournament by GAVC Coaching Staff. GAVC Staff will respect ALL facilities used by ALL GAVC Teams.
- MONEY. When GAVC Parents or GAVC Players turn in ANY money for fees, fundraisers, or apparel, it is the responsibility of the GAVC Head Coach to notify the GAVC Director and record it on the Money Log in their coach’s notebook. The GAVC Director will make arrangements to meet within a week of being notified with the GAVC Head Coach. The GAVC Head Coach should keep records of ALL money turned into them to avoid any confusion or concerns.
- REPORT ALL PROBLEMS AND INJURIES TO THE GAVC DIRECTOR. If there is a problem at practice/tournament or a GAVC Players gets hurts at a practice/tournament, the GAVC Head Coach WILL NOTIFY the GAVC Director IMMEDIATELY. There is a 24-hour time period that SRVA insurance will cover medical expenses for registered players and this deadline HAS TO BE MET or INSURANCE WILL NOT PAY. It is the GAVC Director’s goal to be VERY involved in the progress of EACH GAVC Team.
- INNER CLUB SCRIMMAGES IF APPROPRIATE. Scrimmages will be available and are encouraged when the age levels are close and appropriate. If there are two Adrenaline teams close in age and/or playing level, it would be beneficial for those teams to scrimmage when there is a possibility to do so. GAVC Head Coaches will determine availability and appropriateness and reserve the right to deny a scrimmage if a plan to use practice time in another way may be more helpful in the progress of that GAVC Team.
- SUPPORT FOR ALL GAVC COACHING STAFF. As a GAVC Coaching Staff member, we WILL provide support for ALL GAVC Teams as well as their coaches. If two GAVC Teams are playing in the same tournament, it is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that ALL GAVC Teams watch each other if scheduling allows and support one another through cheering and positive reinforcement when their GAVC Teams are not playing. GAVC Coaches will lead by example by encouraging this support between GAVC Teams to ensure that this is carried out and followed through with. GAVC Coaches WILL put a STOP to ANY negative talk or character assassination IMMEDIATELY with ANY GAVC Players, GAVC Parents, GAVC Teams, or GAVC Coaching Staff and then report this to the GAVC Director IMMEDIATELY. Positive encouragement and support are the GAVC Policy for ALL GAVC Teams and we WILL practice conduct in a professional, supportive manner at ALL times.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS WILL BE HANDLED BY GAVC STAFF. There is a designated GAVC Staff member that will be handling ALL reservations for GAVC travel. Once the process is completed and the GAVC Coaches’ reservation is made, it will be communicated to both the GAVC Head Coach and the GAVC Director. GAVC Coaching Staff reserves the right to share or not share hotel information with their GAVC Players/Parents. If a GAVC Coach makes his or her own reservation WITHOUT GAVC Director approval, that GAVC Coach WILL be responsible for payment for that reservation. GAVC uses its own system to make out of town bookings and the proper procedures will be practiced in this instance. If reimbursement is determined by the GAVC Director, the maximum amount of reimbursement will be $100, regardless the amount of the hotel room secured by GAVC Coaching Staff. If GAVC Coaching Staff chooses another option for overnight stay, it is their responsibility to notify the GAVC Director to cancel the room. If the hotel room is not canceled in time for a full refund, it will be the responsibility of the GAVC Coaching Staff WILL pay for that night of stay. If the GAVC Coaching Staff for a team has two male or two female coaches, it is an EXPECTATION that they share a hotel room for overnight travel. If spouses want to attend, the extra hotel room WILL NOT be paid by Adrenaline. This means that if 2 hotel rooms are needed, Adrenaline will ONLY pay for ONE. If GAVC Coaches are sharing a hotel room, NO FAMILY MEMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE ADDED TO THAT ROOM. Any spouses or other family members will be responsible for getting their own hotel room. NO OVERNIGHT GUESTS (not married) will be allowed to stay in Adrenaline purchased hotel rooms without prior GAVC Director approval.
- FOLLOW RULES/REQUESTS BY GAVC DIRECTOR. The GAVC Director will have a meeting prior to season with ALL GAVC Coaching Staff prior to tryouts each club season to share information in regards to rule changes and information from the Club Directors’ meeting. This is also a time to share experiences from the previous season and for the GAVC Director to explain all procedures and expectations to the GAVC Coaching Staff. After this pre-season meeting occurs, it is an EXPECTATION THAT ALL GAVC COACHING STAFF FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES, REQUESTS, AND RULES PUT IN PLACE BY THE GAVC DIRECTOR or dismissal is subject to occur.
- BE PROTECTIVE WITH GAVC EQUIPMENT. Each GAVC Head Coach will be given a minimum of 10 volleyballs, 1 ball cart, 1 ball bag, and 2 sets of team uniforms. At the end of season, ALL equipment should be returned to the GAVC Director in the same condition that they were given to them. ANY lost volleyballs, ball carts, and team uniforms that are lost or damaged WILL be the responsibility of the GAVC Coach to replace through payment to the club. The GAVC Director will determine payment information for lost or damaged equipment.
(Below is information for the 2021 – 2022 GAVC season)
This fee will cover SRVA registration, insurance, tournament fees, 1 pair of spandex, Adrenaline warm-up shirt, socks, equipment, supplies, GAVC Coaching Staff payment for service, and contribution to gym rental for practices. There will be additional Adrenaline apparel available for individual purchase both on a club store on the GAVC website, and available for order based on each GAVC Team. The GAVC Director tries to order a variety of apparel to avoid repeating apparel from previous seasons so that returning GAVC Players have new options each season.
We are looking to do ages 14 and under on a separate weekend than the older age groups. We plan to break down the age groups for the younger girls: 12-under, 13-14. We plan to break down the age groups for the older girls: 15-16, 17-18. Tryout dates for 14 and under are as follows: October 23, 2021. Tryout date for 15 and older are as follows: October 30, 2021. During GAVC Tryouts, players will be assigned a number that they will be identified by. ALL players will participate in various volleyball skill stations (passing, setting, hitting, blocking, serving, transitioning, and game-like situations). GAVC Coaching Staff will monitor and evaluate players based on their ability and skills by rating each player per skill. If a player cannot continue tryouts due to a sudden illness, injury, or other unforeseen circumstances, an alternate time for that player to tryout will be arranged with the GAVC Director ONLY. Those identified players WILL BE ALLOWED the same tryout format as other players. ATTENDING ANOTHER CLUB TRYOUT THAT IS TRYING OUT THE SAME DATE AND TIME IS NOT AN EXCUSED ABSENCE AND DOES NOT SECURE OPPORTUNITY FOR A MAKEUP ADRENALINE TRYOUT. Any player that has unforeseen circumstances and cannot attend GAVC Tryouts at all, needs to contact the GAVC Director as soon as the conflict is identified to make other arrangements. ONLY the GAVC Director can approve a makeup tryout in this situation. Once identified players are selected for a specific GAVC Team, they will be notified by GAVC Coaching Staff and/or GAVC Director offering a position on the roster of a specific GAVC Team. That player will then have 5 days from that date to make the decision. On the 5th day later, if the player has not made the decision, the position then becomes opens for another player on that GAVC Team roster. Contact and communication will be made one of the following ways: phone, text, or email to all players trying out that were not selected for a GAVC Team. Any player added to a GAVC roster after season begins needs APPROVAL from the GAVC Director. This will ONLY be considered if numbers are low and/or unforeseen circumstances occur. The ultimate goal is for a maximum of 10 players per GAVC Team. However, the GAVC Director reserves the right to add team members to that 10-member team if needed as well as approve a team less than 10 players on the roster.
Parents and players will be asked to sign a contract at the beginning of season that states:
All players are expected to FULLY participate in the demands of GAVC activities, therefore, playing volleyball for GAVC will be the number one (#1) priority OTHER THAN school/church activities. In fairness to other team members, any player or parent that is NOT willing to make this commitment is discouraged from participating in GAVC. GAVC Teams will support and cooperate with school/church activities, however GAVC is a commitment and excessive absences from practice/tournaments will be considered when it comes to playing time on that GAVC Team. It is a good idea to have a conversation with your team addressing those players that play multiple sports or participate in a variety of activities that may interfere with their commitment to Adrenaline. It is the responsibility of each GAVC Player to inform their GAVC Coaches of ANY conflicts that may prevent their presence for future practices or tournament play. These players need to know up front that their absence can result in reduced playing time and/or other consequences chosen by their GAVC Coaching Staff.
- Players will be penalized for absences without notification to their GAVC Head Coach by suggestions of sitting out during the tournament and/or additional practice time activities at the discretion of the GAVC Head Coach. If that absence means that there are only six players available for the tournament, the GAVC Head Coach has the option to drop out of that tournament WITH GAVC Director approval. This tournament cancellation can happen IF and ONLY IF a FULL REFUND IS AVAILABLE. If another age appropriate GAVC Team is not playing, GAVC Players can be picked up to play with the six player GAVC Team for that weekend only. A GAVC Player is NOT ALLOWED to play for another GAVC Team if the GAVC Team that they originally play for (on that roster) is playing the same weekend. A GAVC Player is NEVER ALLOWED to play for another club during club season while on a GAVC Team roster. If a GAVC Head Coach is wanting to pick up a GAVC Player from another GAVC Team the following steps WILL happen:
- GAVC Head Coach contact the GAVC Director to notify for roster purposes and approval.
- GAVC Head Coach asks the GAVC Head Coach of the team they are wanting to pick from.
NEVER will a GAVC Head Coach ask the GAVC Player directly or contact the parents of the desired player. Any concerns regarding a GAVC Player’s commitment or attendance should be directed to the GAVC Head Coach only. Problems that cannot be resolved will be discussed with the GAVC Director to make the final decision on the matter. Continued absence and lack of commitment by a GAVC Player can result in dismissal from the GAVC Team with NO REFUND.
- GAVC has a NO smoking, NO vaping, NO alcohol, NO illegal drugs policy! This policy as well as the encouragement of ALL passing grades will be enforced throughout the GAVC Club Season according to the GAVC Head Coach and GAVC Director’s discretion. Infractions in this policy WILL lead to suspension from tournaments and/or dismissal from the GAVC Team with NO REFUND and MUST BE COMMUNICATED to the GAVC Director.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct and/or inappropriate language and behavior at ANY practices or tournaments WILL result in a meeting with the following present: (GAVC Director, GAVC Head Coach, GAVC Assistant Coach, GAVC Parent(s), and GAVC Player). At that point, the guilty person WILL be placed on a Disciplinary Contract. If the incident occurs AFTER a Disciplinary Contract has been issued, dismissal from GAVC will occur based on the GAVC Director’s decision with NO REFUND.
- GAVC fees WILL NOT BE REFUNDED if a player quits and chooses to no longer participate on a GAVC Team.
- GAVC fees WILL NOT BE REFUNDED if there is another world epidemic as occurred in March, 2020. However, fee reductions will be CONSIDERED for the following club season.
** ALL GAVC Coaches are individually interviewed by the GAVC Director. Selection of the GAVC Coaching Staff is based on credentials, background credit checks, and volleyball experience. The SOLE decision for hiring the GAVC Coaching Staff will be made by the GAVC Director.
- The GAVC Director reserves the right to determine individual GAVC Head Coaching pay and GAVC Assistant Coaching pay based on the GAVC budget and financial status from season to season. There WILL be the same amount of payment compensation for ALL GAVC Coaching Staff each club season. GAVC will pay all coaching certifications fees/background checks as needed and required and provide EACH GAVC Head Coach and Assistant Coach for EACH GAVC Team with GAVC coaching attire.
- Each GAVC Team’s Head Coach will be provided with volleyballs, ball cart, as well as uniforms for each team. It is the responsibility of ALL GAVC Head Coaches to return ALL volleyballs, undamaged ball carts and clean uniforms at the end of club season. GAVC Parents will take on the responsibility of washing and housing their child’s GAVC Uniform throughout the club season. NO UNIFORMS ARE ALLOWED TO BE DRIED IN THE DRYER BY GAVC PLAYERS OR GAVC PARENTS. ALL GAVC UNIFORMS WILL BE WASHED AND HOUSED BY THE GAVC PLAYER/PARENT. If a volleyball is lost, the ball cart is damaged, or a uniform is not returned at the end of club season, it is the responsibility of the GAVC Head Coach to pay for and replace it by giving the required amount to the GAVC Director for replacement purposes. If the GAVC Uniform is damaged or lost, there is a $75 fee that will be collected by the GAVC Director from the GAVC Parent to be replaced.
- The GAVC Director will do a yearly inventory BEFORE club season begins and AFTER club season is over on the following GAVC equipment: (2) sets of GAVC uniforms, (10) volleyballs, (1) undamaged ball cart, (1) ball bag, The GAVC Coaching apparel is not returned. The GAVC Players’ warm up shirts, spandex, and socks are theirs to keep. ALL GAVC Coaching Staff will sign a coaching contract at the beginning of club season EACH year at the mandatory coaches meeting prior to Tryouts.
- ALL GAVC Coaching Staff will be REQUIRED to participate in Positive Coaching Alliance online training by the GAVC Director, as well as complete the Impact Training (only required 1 time) that is to be completed the first year of coaching for Adrenaline Volleyball Club.
**GAVC Coaching Staff WILL NOT discuss specific playing time with GAVC Parents. GAVC Coaches WILL NOT discuss ANY GAVC Player with anyone else other than that GAVC Player’s parent(s) and/or GAVC Director.
Problems/Concerns with a Coach & Player/Parent:
The following steps MUST be taken if a player/parent has a concern with GAVC Coaching Staff:
- GAVC Player/Parent should discuss the concern with the GAVC Coaching Staff (both Head Coach & Assistant Coach) following the 24-hour rule and TRY to arrive at a solution.
- If the concern is NOT resolved, the GAVC Player, GAVC Parent(s), Head Coach, and Assistant Coach will meet with the GAVC Director.
- If a solution is not resolved in this meeting, the GAVC Director will speak individually with the GAVC Player and her Parent(s) and the GAVC Director will make the FINAL decision. Then the GAVC Director will contact the involved GAVC Coaching Staff and communicate the final decision/resolution that was made.
- Unsportsmanlike and inappropriate conduct by a GAVC Player will result in the signing of a Disciplinary Contract, suspension from tournaments and/or dismissal from GAVC with NO REFUND, based on the decision made by the GAVC Director.
- Unsportsmanlike and inappropriate conduct by a GAVC Parent will result in a Disciplinary Contract, suspension their GAVC Player, and the possibility of discussion that parent not be able to attend GAVC future activities such as practices or tournaments.
- Unsportsmanlike and inappropriate conduct by a GAVC Family Member/Spectator will result in suspension and the possibility of discussion that family member/spectator not be able to attend GAVC future activities and/or dismissal for their GAVC Player from the club, based on the decision of the GAVC Director. There will be a meeting held between the GAVC Parents, GAVC Player, GAVC Coaching Staff, and GAVC Director with signed Disciplinary contracts provided.
(GAVC Website is a continued work in progress throughout the season)
It is a goal to adequately update information about GAVC and its teams in a timely fashion on the website. The goal is that the website will provide information for the GAVC Players and GAVC Parents regarding GAVC By-Laws, Tryout information, Schedules for individual teams regarding tournament play, previous GAVC information/pictures, GAVC success stories, and GAVC Coaching Staff information. An ETSY Store is also available to purchase Adrenaline apparel for GAVC Parents/Players. All updated pertinent information about GAVC will be added to the website by the Adrenaline Website Manager as it becomes available.
GAVC By-Law Articles:
ARTICLE 1 – Mission
The Georgia Adrenaline Volleyball Club (GAVC) is made up of organization and under by-laws to promote and support the sport of volleyball in the North Georgia and South Eastern Tennessee areas. The club is affiliated with Southern Region Volleyball Association (SRVA), USA Volleyball, and AAU by remaining a private organization responsible only to its membership.
ARTICLE 2 – Membership
There are two levels of membership: Individual and Associate.
- Individual – available to a player (age and grade level appropriate) that follows proper procedures of Tryouts for GAVC and is selected as a team member by the GAVC Coaching Staff/GAVC Director.
Each player will pay a membership fee of $1000 (fee is subject to change each club season) by January 1st or divided payments identified in the GAVC Parent Payment Agreement and discussed with GAVC Director so that arrangements are made in advance.
- Associate – available to a player that has made a GAVC Team and fills out the membership form required for USA Volleyball Select Club participation. GAVC will pay the membership fee for players that are on each GAVC Team, out of the player fees paid by each GAVC Player.
ARTICLE 3 – Board of Directors for GAVC
Currently we only have one status board member at this time:
Lisa White-Davis, Founder & Director of GAVC
The GAVC Director reserves the right to make ALL FINAL decisions regarding issues/problems/concerns that need to be made for GAVC as a whole. GAVC Head Coaches will be making decisions for their GAVC Team, but problems/concerns/issues that are brought to the GAVC Director will result in the GAVC Director making the final decision. The GAVC Director will maintain positive communication and work closely to handle ALL money issues as well as ordering supplies, uniforms, equipment needed for EACH GAVC Team.
ARTICLE 4 – Teams
For the 2020-2021 GAVC season, there were FIVE GAVC Teams:
- 12-Jamie > Head Coach Jamie Sircy, Assistant Coach Rachel Priore
- 14-Alexis > Head Coach Alexis Gabriel, Assistant Coach Cody Horne
- 16-Haley > Head Coach Haley Pavlovich, Assistant Coach Becca Camacho
- 16 -Erynn > Head Coach Erynn Brown, Assistant Coach Alexis Redden
- 17-Chris > Head Coach Chris Sterl, Assistant Coach Wes Davis, Statistician Nathan Motter
We are open to adding or reducing GAVC Teams for the upcoming season, depending on tryout player numbers. The ideal idea is to have at least one GAVC Team per age group: 12’s GAVC Team, 13’s GAVC Team, 14’s GAVC Team, 15’s GAVC Team, 16’s GAVC Team, 17’s GAVC Team, and 18’s GAVC Team. As growth continues with GAVC and depending on numbers for tryouts, there is the option to have MORE THAN one team per age group or to not have a team in a specific age due to lack of players in that age group. GAVC will provide teams in the age groups SOLELY BASED on the ages of the players that tryout and are selected for GAVC that season. The GAVC Director reserves the right to cap off the adding of GAVC Teams or GAVC Players at any time. GAVC Team Coaches will be decided by the GAVC Director, and preference of the GAVC Coaching Staff, at the GAVC Coaches’ Meeting prior to Tryouts. It is the goal of the GAVC Director to have 2 coaches (Head Coach/Assistant Coach) and a maximum of 10 GAVC Players per GAVC Team.
** It is recommended that 1 Team Mom is appointed for EACH GAVC Team to coordinate the food/snacks/team activities/communication for each tournament. This can be done on a volunteer basis or by GAVC Head Coach appointing this individual.
GAVC Coaching Staff has been instructed NOT to keep ANY player on a GAVC Team that is NOT foreseen to get adequate and/or any playing time. Team numbers will vary based on age and ability but is recommended to have NO MORE than 10 players per GAVC Team unless there is a rare circumstance and approved by the GAVC Director. Keeping team numbers to a minimal will help ensure adequate and fairness of playing time for EACH GAVC Player. However, in the event that there is a commitment issue with GAVC Players on a particular GAVC Team, there will be subs to fill in for excessive absences. The most committed GAVC Players will be rewarded with adequate playing time versus the uncommitted GAVC Players.
The goal is for EACH GAVC team to have the following:
- Volleyballs (10) for practice and tournament play (with ball bag)
- Ball Cart (1) for practice and tournament play
- Uniform jersey(s) (2 sets per GAVC Team), Spandex (1 pair per GAVC Player)
- Socks, Warm Up Shirt, selected GAVC apparel that is individually purchased (GAVC Director determines GAVC apparel for purchase)
- Coaching Attire for GAVC Coaching Staff
The uniform jerseys (including separate libero jersey(s), ALL issued volleyballs, ball bag, and ball cart are things that WILL BE RETURNED to the GAVC Director at the end of club season. Shoes and kneepads will be available at a team price (discount) but OPTIONAL. Our goal is to have GAVC apparel available for GAVC Players and parents to purchase depending on GAVC budget each club season. The GAVC Director attempts to avoid duplicating apparel each season.
ARTICLE 5 – Coaches
The goal is to have at least two coaches per GAVC team, Head Coach and Assistant Coach. The following criteria will apply for coaching credentials:
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach – approved by the GVAC Director.
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach – both SRVA certified and as a R1, R2 USA referee.
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach – both pass a background check.
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach – both complete Positive Coaching Alliance Training (yearly).
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach – both IMPACT certified (1 time only).
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach – both SafeSport certified training (yearly).
Additional REQUIRED training for GAVC Coaching Staff such as shadowing senior GAVC Coaching Staff will be considered and completed (as needed) and designed based on the approval and implementation of the GAVC Director.
ARTICLE 6 – Meetings
All scheduled meetings will be convenient for all GAVC Coaching Staff and notifications will be sent.The following meetings are REQUIRED:
- GAVC Coaches Meeting – there will be a mandatory coach meeting prior to Tryouts and the parent informational meeting. This will be conducted by the GAVC Director and will address duties, expectations, and responsibilities for coaches. There will be an end of season coaches meeting after the Regional Tournament to recap happenings during season and identify any areas of improvement prior to the next club season. This is also an opportunity for an appreciation dinner hosted by the GAVC Director and ALL equipment/uniforms will then be turned in and accounted for.
- Parent Informational Meeting – there will be a parent informational meeting prior to Tryouts to inform all new club shoppers. This is not mandatory for all parents, but designed for the parents that are EITHER new to club volleyball OR new to Adrenaline. The GAVC Director will host this but other GAVC Coaching Staff are encouraged to be present.
- GAVC Team Parent Meeting – there will be a REQUIRED parent meeting for EACH GAVC Team at the beginning or end of the FIRST scheduled practice. The GAVC Head Coach for each team should orchestrate this meeting and discuss the following: parent payment information, parent contracts, player contracts, rules/expectations, and discuss any fundraisers if applicable.
- Problem/Concern Meeting – Any problem or concern that arises with a GAVC Player or GAVC Parent needs to be addressed through the proper channels (GAVC Parent & GAVC Coaching Staff, GAVC Coaching Staff & GAVC Director, all involved with GAVC Director). If a GAVC Parent contacts the GAVC Director directly without going through the proper channels, the GAVC Director will refer that GAVC Parent back to their assigned GAVC Coaching Staff.
- Disciplinary/Probation Meeting for GAVC Player/GAVC Parent/GAVC Family Member or Spectator – ANY player, parent, family member/spectator associated with GAVC that displays unsportsmanlike conduct to the point of being inappropriate falls into this category. This inappropriate action may take place at a GAVC practice/tournament, or setting where GAVC is being represented. If this occurs, a face to face meeting between ALL parties involved WILL happen with the GAVC Director addressing the action. A Disciplinary Contract will be developed, discussed and signed by the guilty parties and a consequence will be issued by the GAVC Director.
- Disciplinary/Probation Meeting for GAVC Coaches – ANY GAVC Coaching Staff that displays inappropriate action, non-role model actions, social media inappropriate posting, or inappropriate behavior at a GAVC practice/tournament WILL attend a Disciplinary Meeting with ALL guilty parties and the GAVC Director and then a Disciplinary Contract WILL BE developed. The GAVC Director reserves the right to place ANY GAVC Coaching Staff Member on probation or terminate from their position without explanation. The goal is for the action to be addressed and a resolution identified but if this cannot happen, termination from GAVC will be the result. ALL GAVC STAFF ARE IN A UNIQUE POSITION TO SERVE AS ROLE MODELS FOR YOUTH AND SHOULD HOLD THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE WITH APPROPRIATE ACTIONS AT ALL TIMES!
ARTICLE 7 – Fiscal Operations
- The GAVC Director, Lisa White Davis, will handle ALL Adrenaline funds. These funds will be handled and controlled by the GAVC Director.
- The Adrenaline Volleyball Club has an account through Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union and ALL money is deposited and handled through this account with the GAVC Director, Lisa White Davis being the only access to the account.
- NO deposits or withdrawals will be completed from anyone other than the above-mentioned individual (unless there is a rare situation and continued communication).
- Anything purchased or ordered for ANY GAVC Teams will be completed and/or approved by GAVC Director Lisa White Davis.
- Pre-Approval is REQUIRED for any individual GAVC Team that requests ordering, receiving donations, using fundraisers, or individual team sponsors. NO FUNDS FROM THE TVFCU WILL BE COMPLETED UNLESS IT IS RELATED TO GAVC.
- NO GAVC Parents/Family Members will be allowed to make their own GAVC apparel without GAVC Director approval.
- ANY money turned in to GAVC Head Coaches will need to be recorded in a GAVC Team Money Log and turned in to the GAVC Director within one week, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- ANY money that GAVC Parents have to turn in can be directly mailed to the following address:
7959 Long Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37421
- The End of Years balance for Ga Adrenaline Volleyball Club will be calculated through bank statements at the end of EACH GAVC Club Season. This is before purchases are considered to run a GAVC summer camp or other GAVC activities. ALL money will remain in the TVFCU account at the end of the season to use for future GAVC Club Seasons.
ARTICLE 8 – Conduct of Participants
EVERYONE WHO SERVES ON THE GAVC COACHING STAFF MUST ADHERE TO HIGH STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT.
- Conduct of Coaches – Coaches have the responsibility of encouraging, motivating, and evaluating players on the GAVC Teams. It is understood that we ALL get caught up in the heat of the game but it is OUR JOB to handle those emotions and focus on encouragement and motivation while putting off a positive impression to our GAVC Players and GAVC Parents/Supporters. A goal for EVERY GAVC Coach is to provide team members with the need of improving their volleyball skills and an opportunity to show their abilities in competition. Then through success in competition, GAVC can meet their mission of promoting the sport of volleyball in the North Georgia and Southeastern Tennessee areas. A 24-hour rule will be in place for all GAVC Coaching Staff. This will assist in preventing “heat of the moment” confrontations over tournament happenings that could be witnessed by others not associated with GAVC. NEVER should a GAVC Coaching Staff Member show favoritism or single out individual GAVC Players on their team. Consequences for being late to practices or tournaments WILL BE consistent for ALL GAVC Players on each GAVC Team based on GAVC Coach discretion. The GAVC Director if deemed appropriate will REMOVE a coach for ethical misconduct at ANY TIME.
- Conduct of Players – EVERY GAVC Player has been selected to participate. Therefore, ALL players on a GAVC Team are EXPECTED to be COACHABLE and participate fully in the demands and commit their time/energy as directed by their GAVC Coaches. GAVC Players should represent GAVC, their team, and themselves in the BEST possible manner. GAVC Players WILL always be supportive of their teammates, GAVC Coaches, referees, other GAVC Teams, other GAVC Team Coaching Staff, and parents. A GAVC Player will be placed on a probation disciplinary contract, suspension from practice/tournaments, and/or REMOIVED for ethical misconduct, and/or unsportsmanlike conduct by the GAVC Director if deemed appropriate. ALL GAVC Players that wear an Adrenaline uniform are a representation of GAVC and WILL ACT APPROPRIATELY as a result.
- Conduct of GAVC Parents/Family Members/Spectators – The role of the parents is an integral part of GAVC. Family members and familiar spectators also play an essential role in a GAVC Players’ life and performance. All parities’ participation is VERY important and provides the support necessary for many vital GAVC functions. It is IMPORTANT for parents to support ALL GAVC Players and ALL GAVC Coaching Staff. This support for the GAVC Program will show the importance of the opportunities that the club provides. Ethical misconduct from parents, family members, or spectators will result in the GAVC Director asking for nonparticipation of that parent with GAVC and/or for nonparticipation of their player. If at any time there is a problem at a practice/tournament, it is essential that the GAVC Coaching Staff be given the respect of the 24-hour rule before the GAVC Parent(s) approach/discuss any concerns about happenings at that event. This avoids “heat of the moment” confrontations that can be witnessed by people not affiliated with GAVC.
- Religious Views for GAVC – GAVC is a club that has truly been blessed by God. It is Christian based and WILL BE RAN accordingly. GAVC Coaching Staff are welcome to pray with their GAVC Players at practice or at tournaments. GAVC Teams are welcome to ASK opposing teams to pray with them before or after games. The opposing team reserves the right to choose to pray or decline the offer by a GAVC Team. GAVC Coaching Staff WILL NOT implement their religious beliefs as an excessive display at tournaments with other club teams. This is to avoid offending ANY non-believer.
ARTICLE 9 – Established Mission Statement
“The Before, During and After of Club Volleyball”
- To establish an environment where dedicated coaches and supportive parents help young athletes to identify and reach their full potential in the sport of volleyball.
- To set the standard for quality in teaching, administration and professional responsibility.
- To prepare and then promote athletes for college and/or their next level aspirations of volleyball.
- To cultivate pride and tradition in the program by creating a place where athletes will return to play and/or coach after their high school years and develop into the new teachers of the sport of volleyball.
ARTICLE 10 – Amending the By-Laws
These By-Laws for the Georgia Adrenaline Volleyball Club were developed in 2011 and will be amended on an as needed basis. GAVC By-Laws will be added to and considered a work in progress at this time.
The Director of GAVC reserves the right to add to these By-Laws at any time deemed appropriate.
Developed by Lisa White-Davis, Director of GAVC
Last updated 07-30-21